A. Definition of International Students
1. All individuals of foreign nationality, who never had a R.O.C. citizenship and do not possess an overseas Chinese student status at the time of their application, are qualified to apply for admission to National Taipei University as an international student.
2. The following two exceptions are made for individuals who have lived overseas continuously for more than six years. The six year period shall be calculated from the starting date of the semester for which the applicant is applying (Feb.1st for spring semester or Aug.1st for fall semester). “Overseas” refers to countries or regions other than Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau; the term “continuously” means that an individual may stay in Taiwan for no more than a total of 120 days per calendar year.
(a) An individual who is also a national of the R.O.C. but does not currently hold and has never held a household registration in Taiwan.
(b) An individual who, at the time of application, has had their R.O.C. citizenship annulled by the Ministry of the Interior for no less than 8 years.
Individuals applying under the terms of these two exceptions must have not studied in Taiwan under the status of an Overseas Chinese Students, nor received placement permission through the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students.
3. Applicants, concurrently holding a permanent residence status in Hong Kong, Macao, having no history of a household registration record in Taiwan and, at the time of application, have resided in Hong Kong, Macao, or another foreign country for no less than 6 years, are also qualified to apply for admission as an international student.
1. Application eligibility is based on the Ministry of Education (MOE) Regulations -Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan. If the MOE Regulations are revised, the most recent MOE Regulations shall be enforced. For the latest information regarding the MOE Regulations, please visit MOE website at http://english.moe.gov.tw/
2. International students who are approved for initial household registration, resident registration, naturalization or restoration of their ROC citizenship while studying in Taiwan will lose their international student status and shall withdraw from the university.
3. International students who withdraw from the university due to misconduct, poor academic performance or a conviction under the Criminal Code are not eligible for re-application.
4. Violation of any of the Ministry of Education’s regulations will result in immediate cancellation of the applicant’s admission status or the removal of the applicant’s status as NTPU registered student. No academic certificate will be given.
B. Educational/Academic Background
◎Applicants who have graduated from a high school, college or university recognized by the Ministry of Education, R.O.C. can apply for admission. (Please refer to the website http://www.fsedu.moe.gov.tw/index.php)
◎International students with a high school diploma or above are eligible to apply for undergraduate programs, bachelor＊s degree or above for Master programs, and Master＊s degree or above for Ph.D. programs.
◎Applicants with equivalent qualifications to the academic degree system of R.O.C. can apply for admission.
C. Chinese Proficiency Ability
◎Language requirements may differ from program to program. If required otherwise, the applicants should meet the specific requirements demanded by the intended departments or graduate programs.
Application Procedure(The Online Application System Register)
Please click to view
Online Application system
Please click to apply
Fall Semester Application Period: February 1 ~ April 30
Spring Semester Application Period: September 5 ~ October 31
※Ⅱ.2. How and When to Apply
Step 1 Online Application from February 1 to April 30, 2019 (Taiwan Time). Upload required documents, and click "confirm" after checking your data.
Step 2 The above process must be completed before April 30, 2019(Taiwan Time), or your application will be unsuccessful. Late or incomplete submission , application documents submitted in person or by post mail are not be processed.
Materials Required for the Application
Applications documents will not be returned. If necessary, please make an extra copy for your own use.
Please click to view
Coordinator: Miss. Chang
Tel:+ 886-2-86741111 ext. 66120
Admission and General Affairs Section,
Office of Academic Affairs, National Taipei University
( The Online Application System RegisterApplication Required Documents )