National Taipei University Student Dormitory Guidance and Management Regulations
Approved by the Office of Student Affairs on 2000-05-05
Amended and Approved by the Office of Student Affairs on 2003-01-09
Amended and Approved by the Office of Student Affairs on 2005-05-13
Amended and Approved by the Office of Student Affairs on 2006-03-15
Amended and Approved by the Office of Student Affairs on 2007-05-30
Amended and Approved by the Office of Student Affairs on 2008-04-30
Amended and Approved by the Office of Student Affairs on 2009-04-29
Amended and Approved by the Office of Student Affairs on 2012-03-09
Amended and Approved by the Office of Student Affairs on 2013-04-10
Amended and Approved by the Office of Student Affairs on 2014-03-13
Amended and Approved by the Office of Student Affairs on 2015-03-24
Amended and Approved by the Office of Student Affairs on 2016-03-15
Amended and Approved by the Office of Student Affairs on 2016-10-12
Amended and Approved by the Office of Student Affairs on 2017-03-22
Chapter 1. General Rules
Article 1 This Regulation is established by National Taipei University (hereinafter referred to as the University) in order to guide the dormitory life of students and provide a well-managed dormitory to promote the quality of living in the dormitory.
Article 2 Unless otherwise stipulated by other laws and regulations the management of the student dormitory of the University shall be processed according to this Regulation.
Article 3 For the management and counseling of student dormitory, the dormitory in San Xia will be managed by the Student Housing Section of the Office of Student Affairs and the dormitory in Taipei will be managed by the Administration Section of the Extension Education Center. These units will be responsible for the allocation of beds, management and the counseling of dormitory residents.
Chapter 2. Application and Allocation
Article 4 The application for dormitory space should be carried out within the designated time. Applicants should fill the application and attach related documents. Student Housing Section and Administration Section (hereinafter referred to as the Dormitory Management Unit) will review the application and announce the list respectively.
NTPU students who are qualified may apply for the dormitory: (rules not appl1ied to those defer graduation)
1. San Xia Dormitory: local undergraduate and graduate students
2. Taipei Dormitory: local undergraduate, graduate students and students at extension education center
3. Overseas Chinese students and international students studying for a degree, exchange students and visiting students (all applied by the Office of International Affairs according to the stated period of the Dormitory Management Unit)
Priorities for approval:
1. Students with disabilities
2. Students with the certificate of low-income households issued by the city or county government
3. Students with the certificate of medium low-income households issued by the city or county government; 40 financially disadvantaged overseas Chinese students (from sophomore and above students) approved by the Examining Committee of the Beds of the Financially Disadvantaged Overseas Chinese Students by the OIA
4. International students studying for degrees
5. Overseas Chinese Students, non-degree international Students, Mainland Chinese students who are in their first year of study in NTPU; Mainland Chinese student coming to NTPU on exchange and visiting student are given higher priorities to stay in Taipei Dormitory.
6. Students whose household are registered in offshore islands and graduated from high (vocational) schools there. Meanwhile, they are in their first year of study at NTPU.
7. Students who work as dormitory staffs
8. New students whose household are not registered in Taipei City but in places in the following list (the registration has to be made 6 months earlier prior to the application deadline)
A. San Xia Dormitory:
New Taipei City (Shenkeng District, Shiding District, Pingling District, Wulai District, Xizhi District, Ruifang District, Pingxi District, Shuangxi District, Gongliao District, Wanli District, Jinshan District, Shimen District, Sanzhi District, Tamsui District and Bali District) Taouyan County (Xinwu District, Guanyin District, Fuxing District) and other cities or counties
B. Taipei Dormitory:
New Taipei City (Shenkeng District, Shiding District, Pingling District, Wulai District, Xizhi District, Ruifang District, Pingxi District, Shuangxi District, Gongliao District, Wanli District, Jinshan District, Shimen District, Sanzhi District, Tamsui District, Bali District, Sanxia District, Yingge District, Shulin District, Linkou District, Wugu District and Taishan District) and other cities or counties
9. New students whose household is registered in other places outside of the areas mentioned in Art. 8 or have their household registered within 6 months before application.
10. Current students (including overseas Chinese students and Mainland Chinese students). The allocation rule to the new students also applied to current students. Current students who are registered as residents in the eligible areas have the priority for allocation.
11. The beds are allocated according to priority. When bed spaces are not sufficient, allocations shall be made in order of the draws; those who voluntarily withdraw from the dormitory but later apply again for a dorm will be ranked the least. Non-residents who are found to be staying at the dormitory and is verified by the dormitory counselor, dormitory supervisor or staff, his or her dormitory application will be rejected.
Chapter 3. Lodging and being ordered to move out from the Dormitory
1. Once the accommodation list is announced and residents have completed the registration, they should move in according to the time given by the Dormitory Management Unit. Otherwise their beds would be canceled.
2. Residents conduct in the following behaviors will be ordered to move out
(1) Leasing, forcibly occupying a bed, or not accepting the assignment of a new roommate.
(2) Stealing, gambling, taking drugs, and fighting in the dormitory areas.
(3) Drinking in the dormitory area and has threatened the safety of campus and the warnings have no effect
(4) Friends or family staying in the dormitory overnight without approval of the Dormitory Management Unit.
(5) Possessing or placing dangerous, prohibited, flammable objects in the dorms (gasoline, firecracker, fireworks, gas, etc.)
(6) Engage in obscenities or sexual harassment in dormitory areas and is verified by the Gender Equality Education Committee of NTPU.
(7) Given 30 or more penalty points accumulated or commit serious transgressions according to TPU Student Dormitory Award and Penalty Rules.
(8) Acts that violate the law, jeopardize public health and public safety, and are verified to be true and the warnings have no effect.
(9) Deliberately damage dormitory public property or do not compensate the loss within a certain period
(10) Fail to pay the dormitory fee and have not paid the fees before the start of the next semester.
Those who are ordered to move out will not be accepted for housing application in the future and shall move out the dormitory within seven days (including holidays) after receiving the official notice. Students failing to complete the process within the designate period will be forced by the dormitory manager, security guard of NTPU and the student dormitory staff to move out.
Article 6 The accommodation formalities includes: 1. Fill an application according to the regulation and designated time 2. Having approved and announced. 3. Completing the payment of the dormitory fees and complete registration in designated time.
Article 7 The Student Dormitory Service Committees are set up in San Xia Campus and Taipei Campus to assist the school in managing the dormitory, regulate the living of the dormitory and enhance the welfare of the residents. They will also receive counselling from the Dormitory Management Unit. The Establishment Directions are stated in another document.
Article 8 Residents should treasure public properties and resources. When moving into the dormitory, the residents shall pay the deposit along with the dormitory fee. If a resident intentionally or accidentally damages public properties in the dormitory, the damage is required to be compensated and the violator will be punished.
Article 9 If a resident in the San Xia Dormitory is found not living in the dormitory over one-third of the semester, once verified, the Student Housing Section will notice the parents and investigate accordingly. The person will not be accepted for future application for dormitory.
Article 10 Students that are due to move out, graduating, being suspended, expelled, or transfer from the University shall complete the dormitory withdrawal process and move out within seven days after the leaving procedure is complete. Those who voluntary leave the dormitory shall move out of dormitory immediately after the moving out procedure is completed
Article 11 The fee collected by the dormitory includes: accommodation fee, electricity bill, deposit and internet fee.
1. The accommodation fee will be charged in first semester, winter vacation, second semester and summer vacation. The rules for fee collecting and refund is as follows:
(1) Fee collection. If the resident move in before one-third of the semester (calculated according to the school calendar), pay the full-term accommodation fee; if move in after one-third of the semester but before two-thirds of the semester, pay half of the accommodation fee; if move in after two-third of the semester after class, pay one-third of the accommodation fee.
(2) Fee refund:
a. If withdrawing from the dormitory before the designated move in date, the total accommodation fee will be refunded but the deposit will be retained.
b. If withdrawing from the dormitory before one-third of the semester, half of the accommodation fee will be refunded. If withdrawing from the dormitory before two-third of the semester, one-third of the accommodation fee will be refunded. If withdrawing from the dormitory after two-third of the semester, no refund will be given.
c. The accommodation fee for winter and summer vacation residents: the winter vacation fee is one fourth of the accommodation fee of a semester and the summer vacation fee is half of the accommodation fee of a semester. No refund will be given once being paid.
2. Electricity bill: the bill will be charged in first semester, winter vacation, second semester and summer vacation.
The bill will be charged based on the kilowatt-hours used. The price per kwh is decided by the resolution of the Implementation of Campus Energy Conservation Plan & Monitoring System Meeting. The whole resident of the two dormitory will share 50% of the cost of the public electricity (facilities and areas not related to the dormitory are deducted) and the school will pay for the other 50%.
3. Deposit: residents have to pay a deposit of NT$2,000 to guarantee a dormitory bed when move in and the deposit will be kept by the Cashier Section of NTPU. When moving out, the residents should clean the dormitory and keep the items undamaged and pay the electricity bill. After the dormitory staff and Dormitory Management Unit have checked and approved, the residents can apply for refund. If failed, their deposit will be forfeited. The deposit will be used to pay the cleaning company, the electricity bill and the cost repairing damaged items.
4. Internet fee: the regulation of collecting and refund are based on the contract signed by the school and external vendor
1. The residents should move out and move in the dormitory according to the designated date and the dormitory closure announcement made by the Dormitory Management Unit at the end of each semester.
2. The residents at San Xia Dormitory should clear up the dormitory before the dormitory is closed during winter and summer vacation. All personal items should be taken away for dormitory maintenance and short-term accommodation.
Article 13 The regulation of winter and summer stay for all campus is as followed:
1. For residents approved to stay in dormitories during winter and summer vacations, their dormitories will be rearranged in the floors that are open for safety concerns.
2. San Xia Dormitory will be open for short-term accommodation for administration units, departments, student clubs of NTPU and external groups (no longer than 7 days). This would be carried out according to the regulation by Student Housing Section. The accommodation fee is as followed:
NTPU Staff and students
1. Twin room: NTD 300 room/day.
2. Triple room: NTD 450 room/day.
3. Quad room: NTD 600 room/day.
Non-NTPU Staff and students
1. Twin room: NTD 700 room/day.
2. Triple room: NTD 900 room/day.
3. Quad room: NTD 1200 room/day.
If a NTPU staff or student is accompanied with one or more external personnel, they will be charged as non-NTPU Staff and students.
3. Taipei Dormitory: The residents who are about to graduate can stay until the end of semester. If they need to apply for beds during summer vacation because of attending national exams, they may be accepted and stay until August depending on the vacancy of the beds in Taipei Dormitory. They will be charged monthly, two-third of total accommodation fee per month, electricity is not included. No refund will be given once being paid.
Chapter 4. Code of conduct and handling violation
Article 14 In order to maintain the dormitory’s security and order, develope the spirit of self-regulation and law-abiding, the Regulations for Rewards and Punishment of Dormitory Residents is established.
Article 15 Any personnel enters the dormitory need to swipe the key card. A surveillance camera is installed for 24-hour monitoring for safety.
Visiting hours is from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm; the Dormitory Management Unit may adjust the visiting hours according to the actual situation of the dormitories.
Article 16 If any natural disasters, infectious diseases, or other major events which would threaten the safety of the dormitories should occur, residents are obligated to unconditionally cooperate in the allocation and adjustment of beds.
If a resident has threatened the safety of self or others and not suitable of living in the dorm, this person will be ordered to move out. When this person recovered, he or she may apply for the dormitory again.
Article 17 The situation of the student living in the dormitory is taken into account for the eligibility of accommodation. If necessary, the managing unit may notify the parents (guardians), mentor, Office of International Affair and related authorities in the school for joint management and counseling.
Chapter 5. The Maintenance and Safety of Dormitory
Article 18 The Office of General Affairs is responsible for checking and maintain the fire-fighting equipment, electric power facilities, hot and cold water supply facilities and water dispenser, to ensure the implementation of the maintenance and dormitory safety. The results of the preceding inspection and subsequent repairs shall be notified in writing to the Dormitory Management Units.
Article 19 The dormitory should prepare a fire safety group consisting of four groups: fire protection, traffic command, control, and first-aid in case of emergency response.
In each academic year, the residents should be given one disaster prevention training for earthquakes and fires.
1. The Dormitory Management Unit may work with dormitory staff (room leader), or relevant unites like the Office of General Affairs to conduct inspections on safety, maintenance, sanitation or dormitory property. Before entering the dorm room, the residents should be informed and be cooperative.
2. In case of emergency or safety concerns, for example someone needs to be rescued, or the facility in the dorm room needs to be taken care of, or the identity of the resident need to be verified, the responsible unit may enter the dormitory room for proper disposal without the consent of the residents. However, the residents should be informed in writing of the results within three days of disposal.
Chapter 6. Others
Article 21 The Regulations shall be passed by the Office of Student Affairs before being submitted to the President for approval. Any amendments shall be processed accordingly