Guideline for the Awards and Punishments of Residents in NTPU Dormitory
Passed by NTPU Student Dormitory Committee on August 31st, 2009
Passed by Student Affairs Meeting on October 8th, 2012
Passed by Student Affairs Meeting on March 13th, 2014
Passed by Student Affairs Meeting on March 24th, 2015
Amended and passed by Student Housing Service Committee on June 7th, 2016
Amended and passed by Student Housing Service Committee on May 9th, 2016
I. Source of this guideline
This guideline is established according to article 14 of National Taipei University Student Dormitory Guidance and Management Rules.
Guideline for the Awards and Punishments of Residents in NTPU Dormitory (hereinafter referred to as “This guideline”) is established to encourage students to be independent, law-abiding and have a good life habit to promote the quality of students’ life in the dormitory.
All students who live in the dormitories (hereinafter referred to as “Resident”) of National Taipei University are subjects to this guideline.
Dormitories in Sanxia district are regulated by the Student Housing Guidance Division; dormitories in Taipei district are regulated by the Administration and Management Division of the Department of Continuing Education. The two divisions will be responsible for the safety, order and assistance of students’ life in the dormitories.
Points will be added or deducted in an accumulative way according to the residents’ conducts during their stay in the dormitories.
Student Housing Guidance Division or Administration and Management Division will be responsible for the implementation of adding and deducting points. Case in which 20 points are deducted at one time should be reported to and passed by the Student Housing Service Committee, and approved by the Office of Student Affairs or the Department of Continuing Education. The resident will receive a written notice for the result.
The award and punishment of residents should follow the NTPU Student Housing and Guidance Regulation and the rules for adding and deducting point of this guideline. For other situations, the two divisions can follow the Award and Punishment on Students Regulation and submitted their reports to the principal for approval.
Student Housing and Guidance Division or Administration and Management Division will calculate and announce regularly the residents’ awards and punishments in an anonymous way.
Student Housing and Guidance Division or Administration and Management Division shall apply for award for the residents according to their total points. Points can also be used as extra points in the audition for the member of Dormitory Service Committee.
Student Housing and Guidance Division or Administration and Management Division will counsel the residents who are deducted 20 points, and notify their parents (guardians), mentors, Division of Overseas Student Affairs of Office of Student Affairs, Office of International Affairs and other competent authorities if necessary.
Residents who are deducted more than 30 points should withdraw the dormitory and cannot apply for accommodation any more.
After the approval of Student and Housing Guidance Division or Administration and Management Division, residents who are deducted 15 points at one time but regret for their misbehaviors shall provide labor service to redeem their points. A 0.5 hour of labor service can redeem 1 point.
V. Rules for adding and deducting point
Residents who have one of the following conducts can add 1-5 points:
1. Have great performance in the competitions of the dormitory.
2. Participate actively in the gatherings and activities of the dormitory.
3. Maintain and improve the environment and sanitary conditions of the dormitory.
4. Mediate and
5. Other good conducts.
Residents who have one of the following conducts can add 6-9 points:
1. Maintain the safety of the dormitory and have evidence that can prove their contributions.
2. Propose and implement great innovative plans.
3. Other great and important conducts.
Residents who have one of the following conducts will be deducted 1-5 points:
1. Put personal belongings in public areas which have an unpleasant sight and block the passage.
2. Do not maintain the environment and cleanness of the dormitory.
3. Do not return public property after using it.
4. Do not park motorcycle in the designated areas.
5. Do not submit and return document and public property within the deadline.
Residents who have one of the following conducts will be deducted 6-10 points:
1. Change or switch beds with other residents without the permission of Student Housing and Guidance Division or Administration and Management Division.
2. Let guests (including residents from other dormitories) stay in the dormitory without registering first.
3. Play and make noises during 8:00-23:00 that disturb other residents and do not improve after getting warned.
4. Borrow spare keys for personal reasons. Points of residents who borrow keys more than 3 times in a month shall be deducted for several times in a row.
5. Do not improve the sanitary condition of their rooms after being reexamined by the dormitory sanitation supervisor.
Residents who have one of the following conducts will be deducted 11-15 points:
1. Bring vendors in the dormitory to sell products.
2. Using air conditioner, refrigerator, heater, cookers and other appliances with high power consumption without the permission of Student Housing and Guidance Division or Administration and Management Division.
3. Smoke in the dormitory.
4. Install, modify or damage the pipeline of the dormitory.
5. Keep pets in the dormitory.
6. Damage, occupy and overuse public facility or property.
7. Absent in the meetings about the dormitory regulations and do not attend the related trainings afterwards.
8. Play and make noises between 23:00 and 8:00 that disturb other residents and do not improve after getting warned.
Residents who have the following conducts will be deducted 16-20 points:
1. Let guests (including residents of other dormitories) stay in the dormitory during non-visiting hours.
2. Bear a bad attitude or do not cooperate when the personnel from Student Housing and Guidance Division and Administration and Management Division are carrying out their duties.
3. Cook outside of the public kitchens.
4. Absent in the fire frill or evacuation training and do not attend the related trainings afterwards.
5. Do not follow the regulations of the check-out procedure.
Residents who have one of the following conducts will be deducted 21-29 points:
Sexually harass or abuse people in the dormitory area and is found to be true by the Gender Equity Education Committee of NTPU.
VI. Supplementary rules
This guideline and its amendments hereof are passed by 1/2 of the members of Student Service Committee with 2/3 of the members attending, and was approved and put into enforcement by the Office of Student Affairs.